Learn Front End Web Development Skills from scratch
What you’ll learn
- Gain experience using Front End Web Development Tools
- Create Content with HTML
- Learn how to create Links with HTML
- Style Content with CSS
- Create responsively web content with Bootstrap
- Learn how to create components using ReactJS
- Create various projects to acquire useful front end development skills
- Computer and internet access required
The challenge associated with front-end development is that the tools and techniques used to create the front end of a website change constantly and so the developer needs to constantly be aware of how the field is developing.
The objective of designing a site is to ensure that when the users open up the site they see the information in a format that is easy to read and relevant. This is further complicated by the fact that users now use a large variety of devices with varying screen sizes and resolutions thus forcing the designer to take into consideration these aspects when designing the site. They need to ensure that their site comes up correctly in different browsers (cross-browser), different operating systems (cross-platform), and different devices (cross-device), which requires careful planning on the side of the developer.
- HTML is the markup language that we use to structure and give meaning to our web content, for example defining paragraphs, headings, and data tables, or embedding images and videos on the page.
- CSS is a language of style rules that we use to apply styling to our HTML content, for example setting background colors and fonts, and laying out our content in multiple columns.